PERMANENT PART-TIME POSITION IN WEST VANCOUVER
New employees hired by the Nation are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination. If a candidate requires accommodation based on a ground protected by applicable human rights legislation, this will be reviewed and addressed.
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish Nations community
Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Human Resources and Talent Acquisition Managers, this position is responsible for the reception function, providing administrative support and coordination of a variety of administrative duties and tasks. This role is the first point of contact for the Chén̓chenstway Human Resources department and is responsible for a multi-line switchboard, ensuring quality customer service, maintaining professional reception area, clerical duties and provides a welcoming environment for all.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
- Professionally answers the telephone/switchboard.
- Provides general information pertinent to Squamish Nation programs and refers clients to web page and appropriate departments as needed.
- Takes accurate and detailed messages and communicates with appropriate team member.
- Sorts incoming mail into appropriate mailboxes and notifies as necessary
- Responsible for maintaining office and ordering supplies
- Performs administrative duties for Human Resources department
- Works both independently and collaboratively, with a high degree of emotional intelligence
- Responsible for taking inventory and ordering supplies as needed
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
- Completion of Grade 12 plus 2 year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to switchboard operation, business writing, and business machine operation and general office procedures.
- 1-2 years of directly-related experience of the key accountabilities
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Experience as an advanced user of the Internet and MS Applications – Outlook (Email), Word, Excel, etc.
- Experience working in a First Nations environment is considered an asset.
- Must provide a valid Criminal Records Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
Starting Salary: $41,000 annually, plus a comprehensive benefits package.