Admin Officer Eslha7an
PERMANENT FULL-TIME POSITION IN NORTH VANCOUVER
New employees hired by the Nation are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate providing proof of full vaccination. If a candidate requires accommodation based on a ground protected by applicable human rights legislation, this will be reviewed and addressed.
CLOSES: Open Until Filled
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish Nations community
Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
Who We Are
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present-day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
As an organization, we provide support to the greater Squamish Nation Community through service. With 11 departments with individual areas of expertise, we ensure Community Members have access to necessary programs and services.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Working as an integral part of the Elementary Education - Ta7lnew̓ás Education, Employment and Training Department, reporting to the Manager, Employment and Training, this position will act as the administrative “right hand” for the team by coordinating all in-flowing and outgoing information; this role is responsible for a wide range of research, financial and administrative tasks for the Eslha7an Learning Centre team. The incumbent should have excellent time management, organizational, coordination and presentation skills. This position also requires excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and exceptional customer service. S/he operates at a high level of interaction with families/co-workers/stakeholders/management, responding with courtesy, tact and diplomacy. Uses sound judgment to make decisions and works well independently requiring minimal supervision.
What You Bring
- Combination of education and experience.
- Professional, adaptable communication style with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- High level of emotional intelligence, patience and integrity.
- Maintains composure in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to liaise with and establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts on matters related to the work; and to employ contemporary service excellence principles.
- Ability to relieve a supervisor of administrative detail, show a high level of independence and sound judgment, and to work with minimal supervision as well as to act with some authority as directed.
- Ability to prepare, control and maintain a variety of records, files, reports, statistics, manuals and reference materials related to the work. Also to assist in developing, implementing and coordinating emergency planning, response and recovery programs.
- Able to disseminate complex information to stakeholders in a meaningful way.
- Resourceful and organized with excellent time management abilities.
- Able to deliver negative information tactfully and diplomatically when needed. Acts ethically and handles sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Team-oriented with a positive, approachable attitude
Starting Salary: $ 53,456 annually, plus a comprehensive benefit program.
Why Work With Us
As a dynamic community organization, we understand the importance of employing enthusiastic and talented people to work together. We know that our future strength and growth is very much dependent on our key resources – our people. With a variety of programs and services, we offer career paths that fit many areas of expertise, backgrounds, and interests. Along with competitive compensation and benefits, we offer excellent training and development opportunities within an environment that values diversity through the respect and appreciation of each person for their individual attributes.
*Please note selected candidates will be required to complete background checks. If you have concerns regarding any incidents that will be reported on your Criminal Record Check, please let us know in advance to ensure we can work together on a plan that works for the nation and you as the applicant*