North Vancouver/Squamish Valley
ON CALL/TEMPORARY/PART-TIME/TERM/PERMANENT POSITIONS IN SQUAMISH AND NORTH VANCOUVER, BC
ONGOING RECRUITMENT. POSITIONS FILLED BASED ON THE NEEDS OF THE SQUAMISH NATION
- Great opportunity to join the Squamish First Nations community
- Take your career to new heights with a dynamic and progressive First Nations government
Who We Are
Squamish Nation consists of 23 villages and is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present-day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s Landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history. The Squamish Nation's culture is rich and resilient. We continue to practice our customs and traditions, which are strongly interconnected with our traditional territory. Together with our lands, our customs and traditions are the foundations of who we are as Skwxwú7mesh.
As an organization, we provide support to the greater Squamish Nation Community through service. With 11 departments with individual areas of expertise, we ensure Community Members have access to necessary programs and services.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunities for Receptionist / Administration Support professionals to join our dynamic and progressive team in both North Vancouver and Squamish Valley locations. The on-call , temporary reception/administration support position provides reception and general administrative support to management and team. The position is responsible for reception duties, clerical support as well as archiving files. The successful candidate has strong secretarial, clerical, and administrative skills. Basic knowledge of Squamish Nation policies and practices is required. These roles require proactive professionals with exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills. The ability to uphold the highest level of confidentiality and operate at a high level of people interaction, requiring tact, impartiality, and diplomacy is essential.
What You Bring
- Combination of education and experience.
- Professional, adaptable communication style with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence others.
- High level of emotional intelligence, patience and integrity.
- Maintains composure in high-pressure situations.
- Able to disseminate complex information to stakeholders in a meaningful way.
- Resourceful and organized with excellent time management abilities.
- Able to deliver negative information tactfully and diplomatically when needed. Acts ethically and handles. sensitive information with confidentiality.
- Team-oriented with a positive, approachable attitude.
Why Work With Us
As a dynamic community organization, we understand the importance of employing enthusiastic and talented people to work together. We know that our future strength and growth is very much dependent on our key resources – our people. With a variety of programs and services, we offer career paths that fit many areas of expertise, backgrounds, and interests. Along with competitive compensation and benefits, we offer excellent training and development opportunities within an environment that values diversity through the respect and appreciation of each person for their individual attributes.
*Please note selected candidates will be required to complete background checks. If you have concerns regarding any incidents that will be reported on your Criminal Record Check, please let us know in advance to ensure we can work together on a plan that works for the nation and you as the applicant*